Come, stay and relax amongst the bellbirds. Each of our four self contained, spacious cottages has a great view of the Wagonga Inlet at Narooma on the NSW South coast.
Only 5 mins drive to a choice of beaches, world class golf course, clubs, shops and restaurants .
Twenty-one acres of land is there for you to explore. Enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool which is open from November to February, or play tennis on our tennis court or table tennis in our recreation hall.
Our cottages feature:
- Electronic main entrances cottages 1, 2 and 3.
- Self catering kitchen with microwaves. Cottages 1, 2 and 3 have induction cookers.
- Remote control reverse cycle air conditioning.
- Remote control TV, video, CD, radio.
- Front loading washing machines in cottages 1-3, top loader in cabin 4, drying facilities in units 1-3, clothesline at cabin 3 and 4. All bedding and linen provided in cottages 1-3.
- Cottage 1 also has a ceiling hoist in one bedroom for people with a disability.
- Cottages 1-3 have two bedrooms each and sleep up to 6, with cabin 4 having four bedrooms sleeping 12 (two bedrooms with 4 beds each, two bedrooms with 2 beds each).
- Cottages 1 and 2 have en-suite bathrooms to each bedroom featuring hobless showers, 1/4 turn long handled taps, with fixed and hand held showers. Cottage 3 has one main bathroom with a bath. Cottage 4 has two accessible bathrooms and an additional toilet and sink.
- All cottages have been built for accessibility, and there are no steps!
- Ramps have a gentle slope of 1 in 20.
- Recreation Hall
Our recreation hall is just great for functions like yoga, dancing, workshops or family get-togethers. Its a lovely spot to hang out on a rainy day. Its free to use when you stay with us.
Narooma has a very temperate climate and gets less rainfall than Sydney.
Boats and Fishing
Our waterfront is a part of Clark Bay Marine Sanctuary and the water is quite shallow. It is relatively easy to launch your own kayak or catamaran provided it is not low tide. Alternately, there is a public boat ramp just five km away. If launching a boat is your thing, talk to our neighbours at Black Bream Point – they also have accommodation and a boat ramp. Don’t forget that in NSW you must have a Recreational Fishing License, which you can get from any of the Tackle Shops in Narooma.
We are just five hours south of Sydney, or three hours east of Canberra. Head South from Batemans Bay, 70 kms. Turn right just before the Narooma bridge. If travelling North, go over the bridge and turn sharp left. We are 4.6 km along Riverview Rd. Or head on over to the Google Map page of our website.
Our Alpacas will eat from your hand if you offer them some Lucerne Hay, while our contented steers just love oranges – but watch out for the tongue!
Clark Bay is a marine sanctuary and is an important area for fish reproduction in the extensive beds of sea grass along our waterfront. The marine sanctuary is within a wider zone described as a Habitat Protection Zone which includes Montague Island. See a map of the Marine Park Zones. Just 30 metres from the cottages is remnant rainforest with bellbirds that sing all day long. Kookaburras, Rosellas, King Parrots and a wide range of birds fly in. Wallabies are a regular visitors and occasionally we get tortoises, echidnas, blue tongue lizards, and many other animals.
We have embarked on an extensive program to reduce our impact on the environment, including a ten kilowatt PV solar system and Solar Hot Water heaters on the main house and two of the cabins
We have rainwater harvesting to supply drinking water and the bathroom/showers, the water quality is excellent. Toilets and outside taps are fed from a different system supplied by groundwater, so drinking from outside taps is not advised.
Clark Bay Farm is under new management, the new owners – Frank & Iris are looking forward to meeting you.